Monday, July 26, 2010

Last Blast Before the New School Year - Beach 2010

This summer has been a wild adventure....traveling from the Pacific to the Atlantic Oceans, visiting highest peaks and grand valleys....spending time with great friends and forging new friendships with those from far away...racking up on college/baseball visits (Josh added 6 new tshirts to his collection)....and, of course, completing my master's degree....it's been a blast!


Last week, we were privileged to be invited to go to the beach with some great friends...we celebrated birthdays, had some retail therapy, played golf, rode the waves, and got some sun....all a much enjoyed break before the school year kicks back in!
Along the way, we discovered that the noise of 6 kids under the age of 10 is not so different from the noise we hear daily in the classroom (better if you ask me because of its innocence)....I learned that going with lots of guys and kids who like to ride the waves allows me to NOT be dragged into the water as much (even though the times I did go in were great - except for that wave in the face thing!)....I was reminded of how fun it is to go shopping with the 'girls' & how much damage 6 women can do at an outlet mall!....And we were reminded of how blessed we are to have friends we can call family!







And alas, summer break comes to an end....school starts back tomorrow for teachers, and the students come in a week.....seems like forever since I've been at Lassiter, but I know I'll get back into the swing of it before long....
In all things......Psalms 92:1....."It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High."

No comments:

Post a Comment